Bath times are so much more for us ! Between the bubbles, splashing, coos and giggles Baby Anamta and Mommy bond !
I also sing the following to her while we have our good times together !
“Warm little baby
So soft and sweet
Scrubbed nice and clean
From head to tiny feet”
Bath is the perfect time of the day to engage with her senses and nurture our beautiful bond .
Also Baby baths engage the little one’s sense of smell and touch, making it an enriching experience! Hence, its such an important aspect of baby care regime and I’m happy that it has gained so much importance in recent times
And about us , we’ve just started weaning for my little one and it does get real messy! All it takes is a good scrub-a-dub to clean her up
Due to lack of knowledge, a lot of us new mom’s can fret or unknowingly harm the baby’s skin , making the baby irritable
Thankfully during pregnancy when my worries were at an all time high, I did extensive research on the topic as I wanted to make sure to bathe the baby myself ! So I’m quite hands on now
Points I take care during baby bath:
- Baby’s bath water should be lukewarm and should not startle the baby when poured After filling the tub/ bucket double check the temperature by doing a patch test on your skin
- I use the baby bather since it helps to have one hand free for the rubbing -pouring and the other to support the baby .Also the head is elevated hence reduces the chances of water tricking into nose and ears
Also while placing the baby ensure to support your baby’s back, head and neck and then gently place the baby
- I avoid pouring water directly on the face, I gently wipe around the mouth, nose and whole face, Cleaning between the creases in her neck and not to forget behind the ears
- I wash the diaper area at the end, cleansing the genital area washing from front to back.
- Gently pour warm water over her body by gently rubbing the skin as she playfully splashes around , I ensure to fill the bucket with water in the bucket previously so that I’m assured of the right temperature
- When we choose a soap /baby wash , we need to use a mild, moisturizing bar soap or body wash and shampoo that won’t dry out skin or irritate eyes. (Many brands use essential oils or botanical extracts to create natural fragrances that don’t aggravate sensitive skin). “Tear-free” is a real thing, so if the shampoo/body wash you choose doesn’t make those claims, be careful with it around baby’s eyes.
- Apart from me singing to the baby I also play light nursery rhymes to make it a fun activity
- While lifting the baby from the bather ,ensure to give good support to the head and quickly wrap a towel
- Snuggle your little one after a nice lukewarm bath
A very important aspect of bathing is choosing the right baby bath products
- Why is choosing a good baby wash important ?
At birth the little bundle’s largest organ, the epidermis is most likely be blotchy, bumpy, and anything but perfect even for the first couple of months.
It’s very prone to rashes.
It burns very easily.
There’s no shortage of shampoo and body wash combos, as well as bar soaps, created with baby-safe ingredients to gently clean and hydrate the kiddo’s delicate skin.
- How to choose the right baby body wash and shampoo?
The baby arrives in the world perfectly coated in nature’s waxy protective film – vernix! which is loaded with valuable lipids, amino acids, proteins, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial compounds. It’s vital to choose a baby wash which is fortified with Vernix
Also ,when the baby is born, skin ph is 7. The acid mantle which protects the baby’s delicate skin can take up to 3 months to develop, After the acid mantle is developed the ph of skin then becomes 5. 5.
Only at ph 5. 5 the skin’s protective barrier remains intact.
It has been clinically proven that only at ph 5. 5, The lipid and moisture loss is minimum and the growth of pathogenic bacteria is restricted.
Hence it’s imperative to keep this is mind while zeroing on the options.
- So how do we know what products are actually safe?
I’m happy I was introduced to Sebamed baby wash by my pediatrician
Sebamed baby wash extra soft has ph of 5. 5 and has sugar based mild cleanser.
A lot of other cleansers for baby have ph greater 7 which leads to barrier damage.
Sebamed baby wash extra soft is fortified with lipids similar to vernix (same as in mother’s womb) to protect and hydrate the baby’s skin.
Sebamed baby wash extra soft is free from irritants and hence has 0 percent incidences of irritant reactions.
Sebamed baby wash extra soft contains botanical ingredient, hence the reported incidence of allergic reaction is 0. 000003 % , which is negligible!!
Only at ph5. 5 The baby’s delicate eyes are not irritated and the tear free formula is free from formaldehyde.
That sweet baby smell is so delicious, don’t we just wish you could bottle it up? Good news, it’s already taken care by Sebamed which means the fragrance is very mild and would not irritate the baby
It’s time we make a switch and keep those little fingers, toes and hair squeaky clean and healthy with Sebamed baby wash.
You can visit http://www.sebamedindia.com/ for more details